Frequently Asked Questions
Our seeds aren’t sprouting, what can we do?
Ensure you have followed the planting instructions on the seed packet for your seeds.
1. Ensure soil is a lightweight potting soil mix and fills your carton right up to the fold line.
2. Keep soil moist and don’t let it dry out.
3. Keep cartons in a warm sunny location.
4. Plant 4-5 seeds in each carton, only 1/2″ deep.
5. Only Honey Locust seeds need to be pre-soaked prior to planting. In a cup or bowl, pour boiling water on Honey Locust seeds and let them soak for 48 hours. The seeds have a hard shell and this helps to speed the process for your class. The grow quickly once sprouted.
6. It’s very rare, but sometimes seeds may not sprout for unknown reasons. If this happens, please email email@example.com and we will send you fresh seeds for your class within a week.